Today we’re detailing the next workshop on the schedule, Furniture Refinishing with Barb Blair. You should be familiar with Barb and her work by now, she is the creator of Knack Studios and author of the bestselling book Furniture Makeovers. This workshop is a hands-on class with the master herself! You’ll get to take home an amazing piece of furniture, refinished by you with Barb’s help and guidance.
WHAT: Furniture Refinishing workshop with Barb Blair
WHEN: Saturday, October 19, 2013 from 6 – 10 pm
WHERE: Knack Studios, 11 Lois Avenue, Greenville SC 29611
This fee covers all the tools and supplies necessary to refinish your piece, including specialty paint, knobs, decorative papers, etc.
THE DETAILS: Come ready to roll up your sleeves and learn the basics of painting furniture! Wear clothes that you are not afraid to get dirty, and prepare to have a great time sanding, painting, and transforming. We will be covering sanding and prep, painting, staining, papering, lining drawers, applying new hardware, and so much more! You will get to go home with a brand new piece of furniture and all of your new painting tools as well. Barb will be working closely with each participant, so space is very limited. Sign up now!
THE PROJECT: The piece of furniture you will be refinishing is a small side table or nightstand. You are responsible for providing this piece of furniture, that way you get to choose a piece that works best with your personal style. You can select a piece you already own, or follow Barb’s tips for rescuing a piece from thrift stores or estate sales. Check out the photos in this post for inspiration and examples of what types of furniture pieces are appropriate.
1. Sign up here!
2. You’ll get an email with more class details. Each participant will also get an individual design consultation with Barb via email to make sure the right piece of furniture is selected, prepped appropriately, and to plan the furniture makeover.
3. Required Reading: Furniture Makeovers
- Barb’s book contains a wealth of information, covering everything from refinishing techniques to style inspiration. By reading the book beforehand, you’ll come to the class familiar with the techniques and ready to get to work. You can grab a copy of Furniture Makeovers at Chronicle Books (psst! on sale right now for 25% off with free shipping!), or anywhere books are sold.
4. Select your piece of furniture, have your design consultation with Barb, and prep the piece if necessary.
5. Show up to the class! You’ll be sanding and painting, applying decorative papers, new hardware, the whole deal. It’s going to be an amazing evening of working with Barb, and the one-on-one attention and teaching she’ll be providing is invaluable. At the end of the night, you’ll leave with your amazing refinished piece! Armed with your new skills and experience, you’ll be ready to tackle more furniture projects on your own.
What are you waiting for? Get over here and grab a spot before they’re gone!
We recently announced our upcoming workshops; we’ve got a whole year of fabulous events and classes for you to enjoy! If you missed the details about the first class, Recipe for Press: DIY Marketing, check it out here.